Tuesday, April 13, 2010

New Adventure

Now that I am done teaching for the foreseeable future, I sometimes feel as if I am losing my mind. Don't get me wrong, I absolutely LOVE LOVE LOVE being home with Little Miss, in fact, I wouldn't trade it for the world. I have just been struggling with filling my time with meaningful activities (ie: a little more productivity, a little less internet/TV time). Steve and I decided that I needed a hobby and one that could make a little bit of money would even be that much sweeter. I am going to start teaching piano here as soon as I get mine tuned. I am really excited about that!
I also decided to look at some of my other interests. Being somewhat obsessed with literacy and books, the natural step for me was to do something that involved the two of those things. Sorry about the sad cell phone pic!
I have just started selling Usborne Books. If you have not heard of them, you are missing out!
Usborne books are awesome educational books for babies through teenagers. The books are also appealing to parents because of their great content and look. I love their products and I feel very passionate about sharing the love!
If you are interested in checking them out you can give me a call or email me and I would love to come to your house and do a book party a la Mary Kay/Pampered Chef style. Or you can check out my website: www.myubam.com/G3879. In the future I will be starting a blog where I will review some of the books so you can get the inside scoop on some of my favorites (I hope to include some that I have read in my spare time as well). I'm really excited about this little business and I can't wait to get started!!!

2 comments:

Jessie said...

Ahh, books! My husband wants to have a huge library someday full of classics. :) I think teaching piano too sounds great! I loved teaching violin lessons... it was a challenge for me and rewarding too.

Key Fam said...

Sounds like a great idea, Dani!! If we lived close, I would DEFINITELY have you teach Ashlyn how to play piano...it's so expensive here (well, pretty much anything is, it seems).