Thursday, November 27, 2008

Chivalry Does Exist

Just as I was beginning to lose hope in the world something happened to remind me that there are still people who are good "just because." Yesterday I went to Costco and ended up buying a Costco sized box of oranges. After I paid for my one item I was then shuffled into a very long line to leave the store. An older gentleman standing in front of me turned around and saw me struggling with my box. He grabbed the box and told me that no young lady like me should be lugging that around. He proceeded to carry my box through the whole line and to the door. He then asked where my car was and I assured him I wasn't going to be carrying the box very far. Being pregnant and emotional (crazy) it brought tears to my eyes to know that a stranger was willing to step out of his comfort zone to help me. I hope that I can now pay it forward and help somebody else who is in need!

1 comment:

Sean said...

Thanks for a great "Thanksgiving Story"! Hope you guys had a great day today.

Dianne