Sunday, May 3, 2009

Exhaustion

E is sleeping more at night now, but still wakes up at least one time in the middle of the night to eat. Then she wants to eat all morning it seems! I have come to grips with this since I am still working and I feel like she needs all the mommy time she can get! But I am exhausted! Today Steve had to work, just as he does every other Sunday, but unlike the past, I did not have any help today. E and I weathered church on our own. I. Am. Tired.
E was a pill today. My first mistake was trying to take the diaper bag, my Young Womens bag, purse, and car seat all by myself. I looked like a crazy pack mule. She got the hiccups in Sacrament meeting and freaked out. Every time she would calm down and I would try to go back in the chapel she would freak again. This went on until the closing song when she finally let me back in. Then she slept until the last 5 minutes of Sunday school...when she freaked out again. Then, during Young Womens she had a major melt down when one of the girls tried to hold her. I took her out to feed her, came back in, and had to bounce her the whole rest of the class.
Now we are home and I did something I swore I would NEVER do while she is an infant...I turned on a Baby Einsteins movie and stuck her in front of it. I am zoning out while she whines. I am sleepy! I think I will bow down to the next single mom I see at church with her children...they are amazing!

***PS: Thanks for letting me vent. Tomorrow I should post on a much happier subject...E is three months old!***

3 comments:

JDS said...

:-) That is reason why people say Moms are Amazing ;-)

BowsAndSuch said...

It is definitely NOT the easiest job in the world...and any help helps a LOT!!! Can't wait to see tomorrow's post!

Katie Rod said...

hey, whatever keeps you sane is worth it in my book. Cartoons are really a blessing when they get to be older, too. :)