Thursday, September 19, 2013

Spring Recital

May 16, 2013

I held my final recital with my Utah piano students on May 16. This was an especially significant recital because Miss E performed for the first time (first time in a recital-she had already played in her school talent show). She played a song called, "The Bell Tower" and did a fabulous job! I will try to find the video of that to post as well. She was so nervous to introduce herself, but she played beautifully. I was so proud! She was just excited that she was allowed to eat the treats afterward.



This was an emotional recital for me, knowing that I would be leaving my students this summer. I thanked them for allowing me to teach them and did my best to not cry like a little girl. It was so hard! My kids all were fabulous, as usual, and left me with the best memories.


I have yet to decide if I am going to start teaching here. It really is time consuming and I will have to figure out what to do with my kiddos while I am teaching. I had a pretty sweet deal with a family in Plain City, piano lessons in exchange for babysitting. For now I am still trying to find my piano beneath the boxes!

1 comment:

Jebbie said...

So cute. That is awesome that taught that many kids piano, and your hair is super cute!